Artichoke, Roast Chicken & Caper Ragu
Our pantry is always stocked with a couple key items.
- Artichoke hearts
- Calabrian chili peppers in oil
- Salt pack capers
There is not an easier or more comforting week night meal than this one. Our favorite pastas to use with this ragu are:
Pappardelle, Tagliatelle, Fettucine, Spaghettini
Radiatori, Gigli, Strozzapretti
Ready to serve in: 20-25 minutes Active time: 20 minutes Serves: 2 Adults
- 1 1/2 each, jarred artichoke hearts
- 4 each, Calabrian chilies
- 1 tbsp salt packed capers, rinsed & soaked
- 5 cloves of roasted garlic
- 1/4 cup of cream
- Parmigiano Reggiano, to finish
- Finely chop the artichoke hearts and roasted chicken.
- Finely chop capers, roasted garlic and Calabrian chilies.
- In a sauté pan over medium high heat. Sauté the artichoke hearts and roasted chicken until fragrant and turning golden, about 5 minutes
- Add the caper, roasted garlic & chili mixture. Turn the heat to medium low and sauté for 3 minutes until melted.
- Add the cream and reduce by half, about 5 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta of choice and 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Simmer together over low until ragu coats the pasta, about 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir in parmesan cheese to taste.