Ready to serve in: 1.5 hours Active time: 30 minutes Serves: 16 cookies
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ cup ap flour
- 1 ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 2 sticks (1 cup, 8oz) butter, browned to dark golden
- ½ c packed brown sugar
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp cane sugar
- 1 vanilla bean (or 2 tsp vanilla extract)
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- Maldon Sea Salt (for topping, optional)
- Over medium heat melt and brown the butter until it is a dark golden in color, stirring occasionally. Set aside to cool.
- Place sugars, spices, and salt into a bowl. Add the brown butter to the sugars and mix well.
- One at a time beat in the eggs until incorporated. Then beat with a whisk until light and fluffy about 3 minutes.
- Add vanilla and mix.
- Add in mix together dry ingredients.
- Allow to rest in the fridge for at least 1 hour before baking.
- Roll balls of dough into about half dollar sized balls. Then roll in additional cinnamon sugar and top with a pinch of sea salt before baking for 12 minutes rotating half way through at 350*F,